HAPPY NEW YEAR
- Wow, It is 2013 already! Where does the time go? Hopefully everybody is sticking with their New Year’s Resolutions and staying active. We’ve got a lot of stuff planned and in the works for 2103, so look forward to a great year with the club!
- The January club meeting is coming up soon. It is Monday January 28th at 6:30 at Results PhysioTherapy at North Shore. Physical Therapist and Triathlete Chip Clifton will be discussing trends in barefoot / minimalist running, some of the science / rationale behind it, and some exercises / ways to self assess readiness or if is warranted to change your running technique.
- Don’t forget to renew your membership too. Dues are valid from January through December, so if you have not renewed or joined since Nov 1, it is time for you to renew!
- To entice you to join, our sponsor Quintana Roo has donated an entry to the Rev3 race in Knoxville on May 5th. Everybody who has paid their dues since Nov 1 will be entered into a drawing for the entry. The winner will be announced at the club meeting on Monday. Make sure to renew before then to be eligible! !!Sign Up Here!!
- We are also still participating in the USAT National Club Challenge. January is the Cycling focus session. It is not too late to sign up. If you are a USAT member, send your age, email address and USAT number to President@ChattanoogaTriathlonClub.org
- The January club meeting is our annual business meeting. We have a few bylaw modifications that will be voted on, and the new board members will start their terms after the meeting. To view a quick summary of the changes and to view the original and proposed changes, click here. These have been reviewed by the board and recommended for approval.
- New Board Members will be
- Vice President: Katie Schumacher
- Training Coordinator: Dustin Pierce
- Treasurer: Rick Schumacher
- At-Large Board Member: Noel Reagan
- and Ed Rusk is moving from Treasurer to At-Large
- We now have new club T-shirts! Look on the Facebook page for pictures. T-Shirts are $5 for club members and $10 for non-members. We will have them at the Holiday party and other locations will be announced soon.
- Looks like we had a lot of great racing lately. We’ve had at people racing in at least 3 states, and a foreign country, some personal bests and personal firsts. Way to go everybody!! Don’t forget though please Submit your results at Results Form
Happy and Safe Training Everybody!