CHATTANOOGA TRIATHLON CLUB MENTOR PROGRAM
Hello, and welcome to the Chattanooga Triathlon Club Mentor Program!
This group comprises experienced Chattanooga Triathlon Club members who are willing to help other members enjoy the sport and meet their personal goals. They will listen to questions and problems, and will be a valuable source of information. Mentors are not just for new athletes, but also for any athlete who wishes to attain a new level of performance, tackle a new race distance or gain a better understand of the sport. The Chattanooga Triathlon Club Mentoring Program is an informal, voluntary relationship. The program is designed to help new or less-experienced athletes start competing in triathlons, or train for a new distance or a particular race.
This is not a coaching program; it is an attempt to best match you with someone who has the skills and desire to help you meet your stated goals. Mentors are not personal coaches; rather, they are a resource for answering questions or providing guidance. You could choose to be a Mentor, a Mentee — or both.
This program will serve triathletes who are interested in training for any of the following race distances:
- First triathlon, Super Sprint, or pool-swim triathlon Sprint Distance: 750 m (.5 mile) swim / 20 km (12.4 mile) bike / 5 km (3.2 mile) run
- Olympic/International Distance: 1.5 km (.9 mile) swim / 40 km (24 mile) bike / 10 km (6.2 mile) run
- Half-Ironman “70.3”: 1.9 km (1.2 mile) swim / 90 km (56 mile) bike / 21 km (13.1 mile) run
- Ironman “140.6”: 3.8 km (2.4 mile) swim /180 km (112 mile) bike / 42 km (26.2 mile) run
Sign up for the mentoring program now!
This program is for:
- Mentors: If you are a club member who has completed at a minimum a Sprint and an Olympic or Half IronMan triathlon, then you are qualified to be a Mentor. If you would like to give back and share your triathlon experience, please fill out the MENTOR form.
- Mentees: If you are new (or fairly new) to triathlons and would appreciate support and guidance toward your goals this season, OR if you are looking to train for a new distance, please fill out the MENTEE form.
- Complete your Mentor/Mentee profile form and return to the Mentorship Program Coordinator.
- Mentees and Mentors will be matched by the program coordinator, to best connect members of compatible abilities and goals.
- Matches will be notified in a timely manner, keeping in mind that it may take time to find a good match of Mentor and Mentee.
Expectations — By entering this program, you are agreeing to:
- Mentor who you are matched with
- Meet with your mentee, as you and your mentee decide
- Communicate periodically (suggestion: monthly). You can — and are encouraged to — go above and beyond
- Complete an evaluation after completing your mentor/mentee experience
- Attend club meetings, clinics and other opportunities to further your skills and knowledge about the sport of triathlon
- Continue to be a current Chattanooga Triathlon Club member
To Sign up for either, please complete the applicable form.
- To be a Mentor http://www.ChattTri.com/mentorship/become-a-mentor/
- To be a Mentee http://www.ChattTri.com/mentorship/find-a-mentor/
For more information, contact: Kendrick Gibson, Mentorship Program Coordinator at the following email address: email@example.com