I am not new to triathlons. However, June 2015 was my first triathlon in over 20 years. In 2014, the Ironman was held in Chattanooga and was the spark I needed to get back in shape and take care of myself. I lost 50 pounds through a lot of hard work and training. Over the past year I have come along way and have finished numerous sprints to 70.3 races, half and full marathons, and a Ragnar relay. From being in the Tri Club, I have met a lot of great athletes that I am proud to call my friends. I personally enjoy encouraging and supporting others and volunteering to help wherever I am needed. I signed up for and am looking forward to both the Half and Full Ironman Chattanooga this year, amongst other events. I live in Hixson with my son Austin and love spending time with him and my family.
Melissa has been around and part of triathlons since the late 80’s, but it wasn’t until 2009 when she made it her passion. She has met the most amazing people and made lifelong friends in the sport. Melissa has served on several boards in both triathlons and her professional career. Her commitment to the Board and community is to give back to others what the sport has given her. She is excited to motivate and encourage others to be part of a sport that will change your life!
This is Tina’s second year in triathlons. She started the sport to get exercise, healthy, and meet new people. Her first year consisted of training, 6 pool sprints, and one open water swim at the Waterfront Triathlon in Chattanooga. To her surprise she even podiumed at a couple of races. This year Tina will complete her first Olympic distance event. She believes if she can do it, anyone can! Tina helps the Board with whatever needs to be done and is a great cheerleader, photographer, and Sherpa for the club.
A longtime runner, and sometime mountain biker, Brian decided to give triathlon a try in 2015 after watching his wife compete in the inaugural Ironman Chattanooga. After a year of competing in sprint, Olympic and half Ironman distance triathlons, he was hooked. He enjoys triathlon for the sense of accomplishment it gives him after training and competing, and for the friendships he’s developed along the way. Brian works in corporate communications at Unum. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his kids, Andrew and Eliza, and supporting his wife Elizabeth as she attempts to earn a spot on the U.S. National triathlon team going to the 2016 Paralympic Games.
I am going into my 3rd year of racing triathlons and my 3rd year as a club member. What a BLAST it has been with such a great group of people. It’s a great feeling spending long hours in all kinds of weather, training, and working hard with people that enjoy it as much as I do. In 2016 I assisted with the training committee in organizing Tri Nooga and group rides. I hope to see the club to continue to grow and host more great events.
I have been doing Endurance sports since Feb. 2012. I started out weighing 215 lbs. My first race was the 2012 65 Roses 5K. My first Triathlon was the 2012 Run For God Sprint. I was hooked and built from there into the 2014 Ironman Chattanooga race, going into that race at a weight of 172 lbs. The lifestyle change that I experienced is a gracious blessing from God! An incredible journey! I have been a member of the Chattanooga Tri Club since Sep. 2013. I have made several wonderful friends in the club in this short time.
I have been married to Terri for 27 years. Have 3 children (2 sons, 1-22 yrs. 1-21 yrs. and 1 daughter, 15 yrs.) I have worked for Norfolk Southern Railroad as a Locomotive Electrician for 20 years. I currently have 14 various types races from 5K to 1/2 distance Triathlons scheduled for 2015.I am hoping to serve the members of this Club well. And, to help it reach the vision it has established.
At Large Member: Curt Elverd
Curt is a middle school band director and has been racing triathlons of all distances for the past 4 years. Three of those years, he has been a member of the Tri Club and has enjoyed the camaraderie that he has gained from such an awesome organization! He hopes to help support the club’s mission, healthy lifestyle through triathlon, by serving the club as a member of the board.
Jay Nevans is a Chattanooga native returning after living in Knoxville for 20 years. He finished the 2015 Chattanooga Half Ironman and Waterfront Triathlon. As part of Scenic City Multisport he promoted the IronKids Triathlons that ran from Court South Fitness Club. As an At-Large member, he helps with the newsletter, sponsorship, and he works on kids and beginner events (Indoor YMCA Tri), and organizing training clinics, swims, runs, and rides.
At Large Member: Ernie Berzai
Ernie is a transplant from South Bend, In. He has been in Chattanooga for four years and still enjoying finding new things about the city and surrounding mountains. He started triathlons to fill the void left by giving up ice hockey when he moved down here. He was hooked at T2 of his first sprint, putting on his shoes to run and full of energy. In 2016, Ernie completed his first of two 70.3 Half Ironman races. The first being here in Chattanooga, and the last a home town race at Steelhead, in Benton Harbor, MI. He also completed the Waterfront for the first time, as well as a handful of sprints. Ernie enjoys being around a great group of likeminded people and helping the club with whatever is needed.
Kendrick has participated in triathlons for 16 years and has 10 years of coaching experience. He has hosted numerous clinics and camps, leads weekly group workouts, and enjoys helping others become better individuals through the sport of triathlon. He has been a mentor through the Tri Club mentorship program and now serves on the Board in the At Large mentorship position.
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Charity / Fundraising
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- July 27 Club Meeting- Transition Clinic
- 2017 June 20 Club Meeting-Open to Public
- 2017 May 14 Anne Prettyman Memorial Scenic City Triathlon
- 2017 April 8 Club Meeting Open to the public
- Tri Nooga ’17 April 7-9
- 2017 March 21 Club Meeting-Open to Public
- 2017 YMCA Indoor Triathlon March 12
- 2017 USAT NCC Winter Club Challenge
- 2017 February 21 Club Meeting -Open to Public
- 2017 January 30 Club Meeting-Open to Public
- CURRENT 2015 CLUB MEMBERS: Enter Drawing to Win Early Entry into 2016 IM Florida
- IM Chattanooga 140.6 VIP Pass – Silent Auction
- September meeting with QT2 Systems and Base Performance
- Chattanooga Triathlon Club 2016 IM Wisconsin Early Entry DRAWING
- August 24 Club Meeting- Medical Safety Info
- Taco Night Club Social
- Informal Triathlon Club Training Opportunity
- May 7: Triathlon 101 for Kids and Families
- May Club Meeting/Open Water Swim Clinic
- June 7: Chattanooga Tri Club Training for Kids — REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE
- February Club Meeting
- Club Race Tent Schedule 2015
- 2015 CLUB RACE KITS: STORE OPEN
- Chattanooga Tri Club: Bylaw Proposed Changes
- End of Year Party and Ronald McDonald Donations
- Keep bidding: QR auction is up to $1,250
- QR Bike Auction Is Now Open!
- 2015 70.3 and 140.6 Training Programs announced
- USAT NCC Competition (FREE!) Sign-up
- Upcoming Chattanooga Triathlon Club Board Elections
- November Club Meeting
- News for Current Club Members racing IM Chattanooga 2014
- Pro Triathlete Anna Cleaver to Speak at August Meeting
- Swim and Nutrition Clinic
- Sportsbarn Announces Clinic-Based Triathlon Training Program
- First Ever Chattanooga Tri Club “Stay-Treat”
- 2014 IM Training Program
- INDOOR TRAINER – BOWL GAME WORKOUT
- 2014 Board Election Results
- Ironman Chattanooga Training Program
- Holiday Party
- 2013 Election
- Chatt Tri wins Division at Ironman Florida!
- Big Events in October
- Swim The Suck and Snail Darter
- Club Tent Coordinator Needed for Cohutta Springs Triathlon
- Good Luck at IM Wisconsin
- Welcome Everybody
- Club Tents at Fall Creek Falls on Sunday, August 18
- Club Tent at Sportsbarn Sprint Triathlon Sunday, August 4
- Kit and Clothing Store Open Again
- July Cookout and Club Meeting
- Club Support Tents at Waterfront Triathlon
- Any Big Weekend or Holiday Plans
- Pedaling for Prevention Natchez Trace Ride
- June Club Meeting – Mon. 6/24, 6pm at Hill City Pizza
- The Hats Are In
- It’s Race Time, Ladies!
- Social Activities Coming Up!!
- Order your kit now to have before Waterfront Tri
- Last Call for Rev3 Club Tent
- Where are you swimming?
- Volunteer Rewards submission form
- Almost the end of April
- Quintana Roo Bike Auction Winner
- Tour de Cure 2013
- Last UPDATe for Bids on the QR Lucero Lite!
- Final Week for QR Lucero Lite auction
- 3rd Week of QR Bids and the bidding is getting hot!
- Outdoor Expo Volunteer Signup
- April Contra Dancing Social
- Bids still coming in for the QR Lucero Lite bike
- First ‘Silent Auction’ Update for the Quintana Roo Lucero Lite
- Silent Auction – QR Lucero Lite
- Club Meeting Monday!
- Free Safe Cycling Class
- Time running out to sign up for Spring Retreat!
- Daylight Savings Time Has Begun
- Spring Training Retreat
- QR Bike Silent Auction – coming soon
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Help Us Reach You
- MS Society Bike to Jack & Back
- Daylight Savings Time
- Nature Calls 10K
- Tri Club Kit Store is still open!
- Last Chance to Try on a Tri Suit before ordering!!
- East Ridge Bikes
- Endurance Sports Management
- Xterra Wetsuits
- Quintana Roo
- New Website Launch
- March Social Events?
- Club Meeting Monday
- Member and Sponsor Featured in Free Press
- Member Ed Rusk featured in Free Press
- Rev3 Race Entry Giveaway
- Happy New Year!
- Chattanooga Tri Club Featured on the WUTC