Running Groups & Places to Run
Chattanooga has a vibrant running community and has been highlighted in many running publications as a premier running destination.
Our Favorite Local Running Web Sites:
Chattanooga Track Club – this club has a number of group runs and organizes many road races throughout the year.
Outdoor Chattanooga – the running section for Outdoor Chattanooga.
Rock Creek – this site provides some good information for the local training running community, including their trail race calendar.
Chattanooga Trail Runners – this is the former “Run with the Boonies” site.
Wednesday 6pm – Track workouts at Ooltewah High School.
Thursday 6pm – Beginner run at Greenway Farms.
Below is a list of workouts that we’re aware of in town:
- Mon. 6:15pm Downtown SportsBarn – beginner
- Tues. 6pm Greenway Farm – sponsored by Front Runner
- Wed. 6:15pm Downtown SportsBarn
- Wed. pm Brewhaus – Burgers & Brews
- Thurs. 6:30pm Fast Break Athletics – speed work
- Sat. 6:30am Downtown YMCA – long run (www.grouprun.com)
- Sat. 7:30am Battlefield – Christian runners
Favorite Trail Running Areas:
- Guild Trail (Ruby Falls, park in back)
- Reflection Riding (Chatt Nature Center)
- Raccoon Mountain
- Greenway Farms
- Enterprise South (http://www.hamiltontn.gov/esnp/)
- Biology Trails (Southern Adventist University)